Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two Months!

So Elise is two months old. Where did that time go? I remember when Greg was a baby, counting by each week until the golden 12 weeks (when I was assured! colic would stop) and it seemed to go by very very slowly. (PS - Colic did not stop at 12 weeks.) Elise will be 10 weeks on Friday, and while it seems like she has been here forever, it also has flown by.

So we had her two month appointment, and found out she weighs 10lbs 14 oz and is 24.5 inches long. That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight, and 95th+ for length. Apparently we make tall children. (Slightly amusing story: when the nurse measured her, she got 21 inches. I knew there was no way that was right, and the doctor thought the same thing so she remeasured her. Twice. And got 24.5 inches. Lesson to my fellow nursing students: always measure accurately, even if newborn is screaming her head off.)

Greg has always been in the 95th+ for heigh and length, so I decided to figure out how much he weighed at 2 months. (Wait, you say, can't you just check the baby book? To that query I laugh. Baby book! My plan is to complete Greg's by the time he graduates high school). Anyway, he would have been over 15 pounds. Wowsers. No wonder we got tired carrying him around.

Speaking of Greg, he has just the most charming smile these days. I think he's been working on it. It lights up his whole face and just makes me melt. 


I feel so blessed. Every night before I go to sleep I go check on both of them (ya know, to make sure all is well in the respiration department) and just can't stop thinking about how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment