Monday, July 19, 2010

So So Fast

I was snuggling with Greg last night as he was going to bed and I couldn't help but think how quickly time goes. He asked me to stay with him until he fell asleep. I said I would. As I snuggled with him (after a particularly rough time of putting Elise down for the night) I thought about how fast he has grown up. He's past the halfway point of 3 -- where did it go?

The good news is, the perspective helps me to enjoy the time I have with both of them. Yes, I might want to pull my hair out rocking Elise to sleep for 2 hours, but someday soon she will be too big to rock. And while I have lots of things I might look forward to doing after Greg falls asleep, I can probably measure in hours the time left where he'll want me there as he dozes off.

So clearly I'm all sentimental tonight. Let's move on to something more practical!

My next quilting project will be one for my sister. In my last post I mentioned not finding a good quilting tutorial. Well now I have! I think this would have been great even before I knew all the fancy pants quilting terms. Wonderful pictures and great instructions.

So, Katie's quilt. I'm going to build it around this fabric:


She wants it to look "Indie", whatever that means (for the record, Katie is way cooler than I will ever be.) I wanted to play around with free motion quilting with this one, but I don't think I can afford the new foot right now. I'll have to do something else fun with it. It's so nice to have all this free time to do all this sewing -- tonight I finished a new beach bag for our vacation next week. It's awesomeness in a bag, with pockets for cell phone, camera, ipod, sunglasses, books, sunscreen, water bottles, and cash. I made it in a charming floral print that I know Matt will enjoy carrying.

We're heading to the beach again next week, I'm not sure I'll have a chance to post again before we get back. I'm very excited for more pictures of my cuties on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment