Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation, and What Not

I'm blaming my long absence on my daughter's new awesome napping style, the 45 minuter. For the past two weeks or so she has taken to waking from her naps at 45 minutes on the dot. I'm working on trying to get the nap extended, but we've been on vacation so consistency has been hard to come by. Oh, yes, and then she got a cold and so there is that awesomeness.

But, I'll complain no longer. We spent the last week in Surfside Beach, SC with my dad's extended family. We had a 10 bedroom house and 28 people. Lots of craziness, but also an excellent time was had. Greg had a fabulous time playing with his second cousins. He and my cousin's daughter quickly became inseparable, and by the end of the week they were encouraging each other to climb onto the roof. Which Greg attempted. Ahem.


Elise was thoroughly unimpressed with the beach, as well as the heat. We took her for walks on the beach a couple mornings, but only for a full on beach day once.


Don't let her goofy grin fool you. She pities us all for not having the good sense to realize that sand + sun + wind does not a fun experience make. She looked awfully cute in her bathing suit though.

Not to get too sentimental, but I really enjoyed spending time with my dad's side of the family.  We don't get to see them that often, and it was really fun spending late nights with cousins and seeing our kids hang out together. And of course I love spending time with the Matt and the kiddos.


We have a two week break and then head down to North Carolina with Matt's family. I know, I know, it's hard to be us. During that time I have about a million projects I'd like to complete, including a quilt I'm sewing for Elise. Perhaps that will be the topic of my next post.  Try not to get giddy with the excitement of it all!

PS - I almost forget my favorite Greg quote of the week. He and I were floating on the Lazy River at a waterpark, and he said to me: "I guess this is the best thing ever." Buddy, I couldn't agree more!

No comments:

Post a Comment